Thursday, August 5, 2010

Blogs are fun, but...

So, I've been thinking a lot about blogs. I see people from all different ages in the blogshere. Old, young, popular, not so popular, etc, etc, etc...pages with hip designs, and then pages with more of an old, matronly look, they you can guess their house looks like to(from the 80's or 90's maybe). AND you know what? I think how do they do it??? How do they keep up with it all? I'm not so naive to think that they actually do keep it all together, all the time. It's not possible to have a perfectly clean house, well fed and dressed kids, homeschooling, being there for your husband's needs(whatever they may be), being there for the baby's needs(constantly), doing craft projects, staying on top of news, birthdays, e-mails, and MAINTAINING a blog!!! I mean, what the??? anybody?? Any one else feel the chest-pounding pressure just reading about it? Anyway, I'm simply wondering if it's ALL necessary. I'm still trying to learn to be a wife, a mom, a good cook, keep a good cleaning system down, etc. And all though I've learned some great tricks, I don't have any of it mastered, by any means. And you know what? I'm young, I mean, really, really young(I just keep telling myself that). Do you think 24, with three kids is young? I'm trying to be an accomplished mom, wife, homemaker, school teacher, coupon shopper,etc, at age 24!!! It's not possible. I guess I realize that I'm going to try and stop looking for the accomplishment and enjoy the learning process, and when I'm old and an empty Nester, I'll have my blogs(hopefully) and be able to remember everything I went through and tell others what worked and what didn't, because, I hope then, I will have mastered those areas. There's a reason the Bible says that the Older women should be teaching the younger. I'm just going to enjoy the process of learning(hint, hint any older women out there, lol). I may not update anything on any of my blogs for awhile, or I may every night. I love to write, aww, the therapy....so yeah, I don't want to be a slave to the "perfect" mentality. It makes me grumpy, drives me further away from God and lets me down continually, because, guess what? I'm not perfect(i know, major news flash), but Jesus is! that's the cool thing about grace and relying on His perfection, not ours. What do you think? Do you think young women should have blogs talking about everything they have mastered, when it's not likely that they have mastered much yet? Where are all the older women and their blogs??? lol, well, most of them, I guess, don't even know how to use a computer...haha, what a new, and strange age we are living in.  

2 comments:

livinginbetween said...

I completely understand. I had no idea it was so much work. So, I've quit trying so hard to "build" a blog, and now I just write a few times a week (because I did that anyway on paper), and I only visit other blogs once in a while. I just can't do it all -- and my family is more important!

Gerie said...

I'm an "older woman" and I have started a blog. But it's not a "fun" blog, it's more about getting back to the reverance and the fear of the Lord and worshipping Him in holiness, the way this country used to.
If I can influence one person, to stop playing church, and get serious with the Lord again, than at least I'll feel like I did something to help.
God Bless,

Gerie