Wednesday, May 19, 2010

A cheerful Nobody

I was thinking today about my life. It's so easy for me to be a "nobody". I hide myself at home all week long, “minus a once a week shopping excursion”. It’s easy for me to blend in to society when I’m out and about, it’s easy for me to not have to face people, because I don’t really have any close friends I can be face to face with. I don’t go to church right now, and I’m just really an all around “nobody”.


It’s also easy to think of ways to become a “somebody” in society. Sometimes it’s even easy to obtain a “somebody” status. I’ve been there and done that time and time again. But I always settle back down for “nobody”. Where am I getting at? There’s a point, hold on tight.

Although, I do believe it’s good to go to church and have friends and not hide yourself away, that’s not what this post is about. I’m talking about more of an internal struggle with insecurity and where I “fit in”.
It’s easy for me to make myself think everyone is prettier than I(when I'm chasing after beauty this becomes untrue), or that everyone is “cooler”(when I'm chasing after knowledge or a "Perfect status" this becomes untrue). So, generally speaking, it’s easy for me to think I’m a “nobody”. BUT…it’s HARD to be cheerful about it. A cheerful “nobody”, I like the sound of it. Not everyone is called to be a "cheerful nobody", but I know I am. It’s the humble and gentle spirit cleaning and cooking, hidden behind scenes, blessing and serving, behind the scenes. The non-demanding, non-competing, non-judging, no compromising,"cheerful nobody". Maybe this comes across as a shock. Or sits funny with you. Let me tell you how I can be content and truly joyful as a "cheerful nobody".
Because, I am a "somebody". LOL, to Jesus, I am. A "cheerful nobody" is, in turn, a “somebody” special to Christ. A “somebody” ONE with Christ, a “somebody” joyful in Christ. BUT, a “nobody”, nonetheless, to the world and a “nobody” to society.

This is a light thought, not meant to be depicted theologiclly, it's just something I was thinking about as I mopped my kitchen floor on my hands and knees this morning and had plenty of quiet time to think about life.

Anyway, You are all "somebody" special in Christ. We don't have to be a somebody to this world, nor do we have to be ashamed, frusterated, or un-cheerful about being a "nobody" to this world. We are called to live in the world, but not of the world, right?  Press on, fellow Sisters, press on! Jesus' "somebody" is SO mighty, we are encompassed within Him, and He within us. :)

2 comments:

Carri Roman said...

I love love your transparency! It is beautiful. Okay missy..why aren't you going to church? :) Wish you were close.

Heidi said...

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who feels this way! Very encouraging Mariah, needed to hear it :) (and btw you are very much so a somebody!) ♥ya