Wednesday, February 10, 2010

K-kids "#3 and the last!"

Well, # 3 child came a little over 2 1/2 years after Ham was born. It was a girl this time. She was so tiny and so beautiful. She was born 1 month premature because she wasn't growing in the womb at a good rate. The doctors were right in their concern because her placenta was actually the size of a CD instead of a dinner plate. It was turning white, meaning it was dying and calcifying. I think that it's amazing that she is here with us today. I'm so thankful I didn't push to be full term to deliver, because she would have died probably one more week in my womb. Her fetal movement wasn't very active like the other 2 were toward the end. SO, she was 4 lbs 14.5 oz. She was so tiny, she fit lengthwise into preemie clothes, but width wise not at all. She was like skin and bones, hardly any fat. I could carry her with one hand like a little football and she felt the same weight as one. We named her "Busy". I LOVE having a girl, it is such a joy to my life!!!! I mean that with everything in me. :)

1 comment:

craftykat said...

I love the name you gave your daughter, it's so pretty, and so is she- it matches her well :). I didn't know the story behind her birth- it is amazing how God intervenes, isn't it? What a precious little girl!