Wednesday, September 22, 2010

7 steps for a Shiny Clean Kitchen

  I'm taking this from my blog : thisisthetaste.blogspot.com because I think it's a great motivation-to-clean list!

 (my actual kitchen, :)

 

Shiny Clean Kitchen

Everyone loves a shiny clean kitchen to prepare food in, but the reality is just not there. Last night I was defeated, I stared at yet another disastrous episode of my Kitchen rebelling against me over the weekend, and I giving in to it's strong will. Our weekends are Sunday-Tuesday. Last night I was just overwhelmed and annoyed that I let the Kitchen get SO gross. I'm talking maybe 3 sink fulls of dirty dishes all over the kitchen. You can't even walk in there without crunching or sticking into something, the table has residue from each meal we ate throughout the weekend. I'm so embarrassed to write this, but I'm being honest. So, since I was so stinkin' sick of feeling defeated I decided to figure out a quick list of things I can do to clean up the Kitchen, without having to wonder "where do I even begin, and then what next?"

Here are my 7 steps to cleaning up the Kitchen when it's overwhelmingly dirty, it worked great for me last night (and has for a few months now)!
(First things first, wear some shoes or slippers if your floor is anything like mine was)

1. Put all trash in can
2. Put anything left out back- in cupboard, pantry, another room, etc.
3. Wipe off table, counters, stove top-moving all dirty dishes to one side of sink
4. Empty dishwasher if clean
5. Load dishes into dishwasher or wash dirty dishes by hand(dry and put away)
6. Clean out sink and make it shine, you can use little bleach and baking soda for porcelain, and some bar keepers cleaner first then olive oil last to scrub and shine stainless steel. 
7.Sweep up the crumbs and mop if needed, or use a little rag and wipe up the sticky spots, until you can mop.

Your Kitchen should be completely clean after those steps, you can take out the trash if it's full and go to bed, or move on with your day!

Just a little laugh: Caleb(3) just came to me and said, "mom, Lili(1) pooped." I said, "oh really? ok, I'll take care of it in a second. thanks" and he said, "yeah I can tell because I felt the saggy fat on her butt." LOL, I don't know why, but that just seems so funny, you get the image of a baby with a SUPER full diaper sagging way down. yeah...:)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is hilarious and so relate-able. It's even worse when I'm nine months pregnant and I can't seem to motivate myself to lean over and clean under my one year olds chair.